Allford Hall Monaghan Morris, 2023
160 Whitechapel Road, E1 1BJ
Tower Hamlets Town Hall, the new headquarters for the London Borough of Tower Hamlets Council, encompasses the restoration of the Grade II listed former Royal London Hospital building, and the addition of a new build extension.
D3, 254, 106
Tower Hamlets Town Hall, the new headquarters
for the London Borough of Tower Hamlets Council,
encompasses the restoration of the Grade II listed
former Royal London Hospital building, and the
addition of a new build extension. The move to the
former hospital site consolidates a number of the
council’s offices into one location and offers a broad
range of public services to the borough’s residents,
in a more accessible location in Whitechapel.
Neuron Pod is a striking 23-metre long and 10-metre high free-standing structure – designed as an extension to Centre of the Cell, an informal science learning centre at Queen Mary University of London’s Whitechapel campus.
Alsop Architects and Amec, 2005
The Brady Arts & Community Centre is on Hanbury St, just off Brick Lane in the busy & creative part of East London. It opened in 1935 as the Brady Jewish Girls & Boys Clubs. We are holding our open day on Saturday 16 September. Come and find out about the centre’s history and take part in drop in arts activities’.
MESSRS JOSEPH, 1935
Centre of German religious and cultural life for more than 200 years. Impressive 20th century church building with contributions from various German artists. Exhibition of German émigré artist Hans Feibusch „Five Stories from the Old Testament“ (courtesy of Ben Uri Gallery). Demonstration of the organ by resident organist Paul Dichtl.
Donald Plaskett Marshall & Partners, 1960
Drop in / Guided tour
museum, community/cultural, art in the public realm, gallery
The Gilbert & George Centre was originally established as a registered charity by the artist in 2009 with the objective to advance the education of the public in the arts, and generally to advance the arts, architecture, heritage and culture for the benefit of the public.
SIRS Architects, 2022
Drop in / Talk
Built originally as a pub (the Queen’s Head) circa 1825, at the time of parliament’s ‘road improvement scheme’, CDA’s 2016/17 renovations and extension of the building included restoration of the exterior brickwork, tiling and windows.
Back to top of page