Various architects, 1513
Prince Street, Deptford, SE8 3LJ
We will open our site for a walking tour around our historic former naval dockyard, which will soon be transformed into a modern redevelopment. Learn about our historic Olympia Building and the former Deptford Dockyard.
New Cross, Deptford
There is no parking onsite, and very limited parking in the area.
Please ensure that you wear sturdy footwear suitable for a walking tour.
The site of Convoys Wharf is significant for its history and archaeology as a major Royal Dockyard of the sixteenth to the nineteenth centuries, and for the work done by John Evelyn during his residence at Sayes Court Manor.
Archaeological excavation and investigations have been undertaken to record the site’s archaeology and inform the design of the project. The heritage team is working with the authorities, project team and local community to create an unique character to the future developments that will reflect the site’s maritime history.
- 3,500 new homes in Lewisham, including 15% Affordable Provision (525 Affordable Homes)
- 33,700m2 of new Publicly Accessible Open Space, including a new Jetty Park on the River Thames
- 50,400m2 of new Leisure, Cultural, Hotel, Community and Retail facilities
- 15,500m2 of new Business Space, including subsidized Affordable Business Space
- A new 2 Form Entry Primary School
- Funding and Built Infrastructure for a new Bus Route along the Spine Road, and a new River Bus Stop for the Thames Clipper accessed from the new Jetty Park
- New Pedestrian and Cycle Routes linking Deptford to the River Thames
- Installation of the Thames Path along the front of the site, linking Pepys Park to Greenwich
- Preservation of listed features associated with the sites history including the restoration and re-use of the Grade 2 listed Olympia Warehouse and in situ preservation of Dockyard and Sayes Court heritage assets
- Provision for two Community Interest Companies, the Lenox Project and Sayes Court Gardens CIC's
- Provision of new Health Care and Community facilities
Hutchison Property Group has been delivering award winning residential developments in London for more than 20 years. We have a successful track record of regenerating strategic waterside locations on the River Thames. Our projects include Albion Riverside, Montevetro, Royal Gate Kensington and Chelsea Waterfront, which is currently under construction. HPG has an international presence through its operations in the United Kingdom, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, China and the Bahamas. HPG is part of the CK Asset Group.
Drop in / Guided tour
Visit the Pepys Estate, a 1960s social housing estate built by the Greater London Council. You will be able to visit the top of a residential tower (one of the tallest buildings in London when built) and hear about local community projects.
Greater London Council, 1966
Back to top of page