8 Bishopsgate, EC2N 4DA
An exciting opportunity to visit the latest contribution to the City of London’s Cluster of tall buildings. The newly completed 8 Bishopsgate by architects WilkinsonEyre is a 50-storey building designed as a series of stacked blocks.
Monument, Liverpool Street
Please meet at the front of the building. The tour will include a trip to the 50th floor so anyone with vertigo should consider if this tour is for them.
Recently developed by Mitsubishi Real Estate and Stanhope, 8 Bishopsgate provides an exciting opportunity to visit the latest contribution to the City of London’s cluster of tall buildings. Designed by WilkinsonEyre, the 50-storey office-led tower provides flexible retail space at the lower levels and extensive amenities for tenants throughout the building.
The overall form of the tower has been informed by several factors, including the context of the City cluster and protected local views from Fleet Street of St. Paul’s dome. A stepped profile satisfies these requirements and breaks down the overall scale and mass of the building into a legible form. The design features generous roof terraces and a publicly accessible viewing gallery on the top floor, providing magnificent views across London.
The building includes high sustainability/low energy initiatives in its construction and operation and has achieved a BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ rating. 8 Bishopsgate is understood to be the most sustainable speculative tall commercial scheme in the UK.
The award-winning Leadenhall Building was designed by international architects RSHP in 2014. L14 became the practice's headquarters in 2015. The Studio is a completely open plan office, reflecting the democratic beliefs of the practice.
Livery Hall first built in 1429, much altered then demolished and rebuilt in 1880, destroyed in 1941 except for external walls (W W Pocock). Designed as a showpiece for the craft of carpentry, the third Hall on the site.
William Wilmer Pocock, Clifford Wearden, Herbert Austen Hall, 1956
historical house, livery hall
Coopers' Hall is a late 17th century, timber-framed merchant's house with a Georgian frontage. A Livery Hall since 1957, it features a fine Courtoom, dining room and an impressive staircase spiralling up the entire height of the building.
Nicholas Barbon, 1690
Back to top of page